How to assemble the Robocat from the CODEBOX Drive kit.
Prepare the parts for the top of the robot.
For more effective and easier assembly we encourage you to try out different ways of placing your construction on the workspace. We know from our experience that sometimes it is easier to screw elements together placing them in various configurations. Sometimes it is better to work out your own way of doing things, that is why we don’t always give ready-made solutions 🙂
Prepare the parts for the sides of the robot.
First, lead out the cable through the wooden brackets. The parts are tightly fit, so you might need to use a little bit more force to put them in place. Remember to take off the stickers before mounting the servo.
8. Now assemble the second motor, remember that this one needs to be in mirror image.
Make sure shafts of the DC motors are in the same axis.
When assembling parts with multiple screws set far aside, it’s best to tighten the screws halfway, until you get all of them in place. Once you do that, you can finish tightening the screws.
Prepare parts for robot’s “face”.
21. Repeat this step to create both robot’s “arms”.
Connecting electronic modules
1. Connect the motors to the M1 and M2 ports of the LOFI Brain. Make sure the small metal walls inside the pins of the motor cables are facing the plastic walls of the pins on the controller.
2. Connect the powerbank to the micro USB slot on the Adapter.
3. Connect the distance sensor to the corresponding slot on the Adapter. Make sure you have connected the pins VCC, TRIG, ECHO and GND as shown in the picture below.
4. If you are using a Bluetooth module, connect it to the corresponding slot on the adapter. Make sure you put the module in the right direction, see the picture below.